Benjamin has more than 15 years of China-related experience and was stationed in Shanghai for six years. He recently relocated to Berlin and now heads DWF’s China Desk in Germany. He is fluent in German, English, Mandarin, French and Spanish, and conversational in Portuguese.
Benjamin's experience includes:
- Advising Stuttgart-based WEVO-Chemie GmbH on the establishment and restructuring of its Asian-Pacific group structure.
- Advising a leading international forex trading company on its market entry in China.
- Advising a Shenzhen-listed Chinese company on the planned acquisition of a Berlin-based technology company.
- Advising Animalcare Group plc, a veterinary sales, marketing and product development company on its reverse takeover of Ecuphar NV with respect to Ecuphar NV’s German subsidiaries
- Advising a German pet food company on the sale of its assets to a Canadian conglomerate.
- Advising a Chinese manufacturer of baby and kid's products on its market entry in Germany.
- Advising Zoomlion Heavy Industry Science & Technology Co., a leading Chinese conglomerate listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, on the acquisition of m-tec mathis technik GmbH in Germany from French industrial group Saint-Gobain.
- Advising Zoomlion Heavy Industry Science & Technology Co. on its business dealings in Russia.
- Advising a Shanghai-based SOE on the winding down of part of its Russian operations.
- Advising a large Shanghai-listed utility company on the planned acquisition of a German competitor.
- Advising a Beijing-based state-owned enterprise (SOE) from the heavy machinery industry on the planned acquisition of a company in South Africa.
- Advising a Frankfurt-listed company with investments in Sub-Saharan Africa on the planned acquisition of a shareholding in a financial institution in Equatorial Guinea.
- Advising a German mechanical engineering company on the acquisition of a Jiangsu-based competitor.
- Advising a German environmental technology company on a joint venture project in China.
- Advising a German machinery company on the planned acquisition of the business and assets of a local competitor in Guangdong province.
- Advising a German investor on the exit from a Chinese joint venture.
- Advising a Chinese investor on the exit from a joint venture in Germany.
- Advising several Chinese renewable energy companies on planned solar and wind parks in Poland and Romania.
- Advising a large Chilean company on its operations in China.
- Advising a Polish company on a joint venture project in Hangzhou.
- Advising a Russian investor on a multiparty WFOE in Guangdong province.
- Advising a leading sanitary wear producer from Brazil on its Chinese operations.
- Advising a US investor on corporate issues in relation to its subsidiary in Beijing.
- Advising a Chinese investor based in Xinjiang province on an iron ore mining project in Kazakhstan.
- Advising a leading Chinese automotive parts supplier on its parallel IPO in Poland and Germany, the second Chinese issuer to ever list on the Warsaw Stock Exchange.
- Advising Feike AG, a leading Chinese manufacturer of children's footwear and apparel, on its listing on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
- Acting as underwriters' counsel for the London AIM IPO of DJI Holdings plc, which focuses its business on the regulated Chinese lottery market.
- Advising Urbanara Ltd., the first company to complete a crowd-funding IPO in Germany, on its corporate pre-IPO reorganization.
- Advising Goldrooster AG, the operator of a Chinese sports fashion brand, on its IPO on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
- Advising Madison Property AG, a Qingdao-based real estate developer, on its listing and public offering on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
- Advising an investor from Malaysia on the acquisition of a listed German stock corporation.
- Advising Euro Asia Premier Real Estate Co. Ltd., a Chinese real estate developer, on its IPO on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
- Advising Asian Bamboo AG on its IPO in the Prime Standard segment of the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
- Advising on the first Chinese IPO in Germany (ZhongDe Waste Technology AG, Prime Standard and Frankfurt Stock Exchange).